Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
The promoter is Sentric Music Limited (company registration number is 05721428) (the “Promoter”) whose registered office is 1st floor 29 Parliament Street, Liverpool L8 5RN.
For the purposes of this promotion the ‘Songwriter Accelerator Programme’ means the opportunity to spend time at the registered office of Promoter to take part in a two-day programme of workshops with the goal of enabling and empowering songwriters to progress their careers and understanding of the music industry.
Who may enter:
- This Promotion is open to any individual (or individuals if entering as a band), who have an Active Sentric Account (as defined below), aged eighteen (18) years or over. (“Entrants”). For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Active Sentric Account” shall mean an individual (or individuals entering as a band) who has a valid and operational 28 day publishing agreement account with Sentric Music Publishing Limited and have: (i) added five compositions (non performing account); and/or (ii) added five live performances (performing account) to the account, within the previous 12 (twelve) months from the Promotion date.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates and licensees of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
- By entering this Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may require proof of identity, age and eligibility at any time.
- No purchase of Promoter product(s) necessary to enter the competition.
- No bulk or third-party entries will be permitted.
Promotion entry period
- Start time and date: 00.00 Midnight GMT on 01/04/2020.
- Closing time and date: 00.00 Midnight GMT on 31/05/2020.
How to enter
- To take part in this Promotion:
- Entrants must visit the ‘Opportunities’ section within their Active Sentric Account and click the relevant Promotion opportunity;
- Entrants will be taken to a form in which they have to submit 1-3 recordings to activate their interest in the Promotion. PLEASE NOTE SUBMISSION OF ANY RECORDINGS WILL NOT BE UTILISED AS JUDGING CRITERIA, SUBMISSION OF RECORDINGS IS SOLELY A TRIGGER MECHANISM TO REGISTER ENTRANTS INTEREST IN THE PROMOTION;
- Once the Entrant has submitted their recordings as above in clause 8(b), Entrants will receive an email which will provide a link to the Promotion Submission Form (as defined below). The Promotion Submission Form will be the mechanism for the Promoter to judge who will selected to take part in the Songwriter Accelerator Programme. For the purposes of this Promotion, the Promotion Submission Form shall mean an electronic form requesting certain information from the Entrant (including but not limited to: (i) genre ; (ii) a link to a song which best represents their writing style; and (iii) why the Promoter should select the Entrant for the Programme; and
- Entrant shall submit the Promotion Submission Form pursuant to details provided on the Promotion Submission Form.
Entries that are incomplete or that cannot be clearly viewed or read will not be entered into the Promotion.
- The winner will be chosen from all valid entries received and judged by a panel of judges including Promoter employees, using the criteria below (the “Winner”).
- suitability to take part in the Promotion;
- songwriting experience; and
- impact on Entrants future songwriting career.
- Judging of all valid entries will take place between 01/06/2020 and 11/06/2020.
- Selected artists will be notified on or before 12/06/2020.
- Selected artists will be notified via the registered email address on the Entrants Active Sentric Account. The Winner will then have 10 (ten) working days to accept the place upon the Songwriter Accelerator Programme. If the Winner has not confirmed acceptance of their place upon the Songwriter Accelerator Programme to Promoter within this time frame, Promoter reserves the right to award the place upon the Songwriter Accelerator Programme to an alternative Entrant.
- Proof of photographic identity and proof of eligibility may be required in order to take up the place upon the Songwriter Accelerator Programme.
- One (1) place on the Songwriter Accelerator Programme. This will include but is not limited to, presentations, Q+As and writing sessions to provide knowledge and support to the Winner(s) to further assist their careers. Travel (via standard class train), food, drink and one-night accommodation (at Promoter’s sole discretion) will be provided and paid for by
- There are 5 places on the Songwriter Accelerator Programme available per calendar quarter for this Promotion (20 (twenty) in total for the year 2020).
- The place upon the Songwriter Accelerator Programme will be available to Winner upon being notified by the Promoter that they are a Winner.
- No other expenditure associated with the place on the Songwriter Accelerator Programme will be provided by the Promoter.
- All elements of the place on the Songwriter Accelerator Programme are non-changeable, non-refundable and non-transferable. There is no monetary alternative available to the place on the Songwriter Accelerator Programme within this Promotion.
- Third-party terms and conditions may apply where applicable.
- Details of the Winner which the Promoter is eligible by law to disclose will be available for 30 days from the closing date of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out above with the reference “SENTRIC SONGWRITING ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME” with the relevant date.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 22 and 23 will apply. References to the Promoter in these paragraphs (22 and 23) include all Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; and
- any changes to the placement upon the Songwriting Accelerator Programme (including but not limited to dates/ times of the Songwriter Accelerator Programme); and
- any act or default of any third-party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- The Promoter’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all Entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram bear no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion. You understand that the information you provide is provided to the Promoter (and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or a third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Promotion) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
For the purposes of this Promotion, Data Protection Legislation shall mean the UK Data Protection Legislation and (for so long as and to the extent that the law of the European Union has legal effect in the UK) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any other directly applicable European Union regulation relating to privacy.
For the purposes of this Promotion, UK Data Protection Legislation means any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 1998 or 2018 or any successor legislation.
- The Winner acknowledges that there may be promotional activities surrounding the Promotion and agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration in relation to the Promotion.
English Law applies
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.