Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
The promoter is Sentric Music Limited (company registration number is 05721428) (the “Promoter”) whose registered office is 1st floor 29 Parliament Street, Liverpool L8 5RN.
For the purposes of this promotion the ‘Sound City Live Performance Opportunity’ means the opportunity to perform at the Sentric showcase at Sound City Festival (“SC”) on Sunday 3rd May 2020 which will be taking place at District 61 Jordan Street, Liverpool, L1 0BW (“Venue”) between 17:00 and 11:00 GMT (“Sentric Showcase”).
Who may enter:
- This Promotion is open to any individual (or individuals if entering as a band), who have an Active Performer Sentric Account (as defined below), aged eighteen (18) years or over. (“Entrants”). For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Active Sentric Performer Account” shall mean an individual (or individuals entering as a band) who has a valid and operational 28 day publishing agreement account with Sentric Music Publishing Limited and have: (i) added five compositions attached to their account; and (ii) made at least five live performances claims to the account, within the previous 12 (twelve) months from the Promotion date.
- As SC is an emerging artist festival, Entrants should consider this before deciding whether to apply.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates and licensees of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
- By entering this Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may require proof of identity, age and eligibility at any time.
- No purchase of Promoter product(s) necessary to enter the competition.
- No bulk or third-party entries will be permitted.
Promotion entry period
- Start time and date: 12:00 Midday GMT on 19th February 2020.
- Closing time and date: 00.00 Midnight GMT on 20st March 2020.
How to enter
- To take part in this Promotion:
- Entrants must visit the ‘Opportunities’ section within their Active Sentric Account and click the relevant Promotion opportunity;
- Entrants will be taken to a form in which they have to submit 1-3 recordings to activate their interest in the Promotion. PLEASE NOTE SUBMISSION OF ANY RECORDINGS WILL NOT BE UTILISED AS JUDGING CRITERIA, SUBMISSION OF RECORDINGS IS SOLELY A TRIGGER MECHANISM TO REGISTER ENTRANTS INTEREST IN THE PROMOTION;
Entries that are incomplete or that cannot be clearly viewed or read will not be entered into the Promotion.
- The successful Entrant will be chosen from all valid entries.
- The Promoter will shortlist Entrants for review by SC. SC shall have approval over the successful Entrant chosen by Promoter (the “Successful Entrant”).
- Shortlisting of all valid entries will take place between 16th March 2020 and 23rd March 2020.
- Shortlist will be provided to SC for final decision by 23rd March
- Successful Candidate will be notified on or before 30th March 2020.
- Successful Candidate will be notified via the registered email address on the Entrants Active Sentric Performer Account. The Successful Candidate will then have 3 (three) working days to accept the place on the line-up of the Sentric Showcase. If the Successful Candidate has not confirmed acceptance of their place on the line up of the Sentric Showcase to Promoter within this time frame, Promoter reserves the right to award the place on the Sentric Showcase to an alternative Entrant.
- Proof of photographic identity and proof of eligibility may be required in order to take up the place upon the Live Performance Opportunity.
Two (2) places on the line up of the Sentric Showcase. This will include the opportunity to play at the Promoter Venue at SC Festival. Venue shall be equipped with full PA system, event staffing, security and backline. ENTRANTS WILL NEED TO BRING THEIR OWN INSTRUMENTS.
- A fee will be agreed between Promoter and the Successful Candidate for performing at SC (both parties acting reasonably and in good faith).
- The place upon the line-up of the Sentric Showcase will be available to Successful Candidate upon being notified by the Promoter that they are the Successful Candidate.
- The Successful Candidate will receive a standard SC rider when performing at the Sentric Showcase but are advised to bring their own food/drink also.
- No other expenditure associated with the place on the line up of the Sentric Showcase will be provided by the Promoter.
- All elements of the place on this Promotion are non-changeable, non-refundable and non-transferable. There is no monetary alternative available to the place on the line up of the Sentric Showcase within this Promotion.
- Third party terms and conditions may apply where applicable including SC terms and conditions.
- Details of the Successful Candidate which the Promoter is eligible by law to disclose will be available for 30 days from the closing date of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out above with the reference “SC LIVE PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY” with the relevant date.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. The Promoter accept full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 26 and 27 will apply. References to the Promoter in these paragraphs (22 and 23) include all Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion and/or SC Festival; and
- any changes to the Sentric Showcase (including but not limited to dates/ times Sentric Showcase); and
- any act or default of any third-party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- The Promoter’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all Entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
- Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram bear no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram from any liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion. You understand that the information you provide is provided to the Promoter (and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Promotion) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
For the purposes of this Promotion Data Protection Legislation shall mean the UK Data Protection Legislation and (for so long as and to the extent that the law of the European Union has legal effect in the UK) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any other directly applicable European Union regulation relating to privacy.
For the purposes of this Promotion UK Data Protection Legislation means any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 1998 or 2018 or any successor legislation.
- The Successful Candidate acknowledges that there may be promotional activities surrounding the Promotion and agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration in relation to the Promotion.
English Law applies
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.